|.||THE FACTORIES ACT [Act No. 63 of 1948] As amended by the Factories (Amendment) Act, 1987]||.|
|.||CHAPTER IX, Special Provisions||.|
89. Notice of certain diseases
(1) Where any worker in a factory contracts any disease specified in the 43[Third] Schedule the manager of the factory shall send notice thereof to such authorities,and in such form and within such time,as may be prescribed.
(2) If any medical practitioner attends on a person,who is or has been employed in a factory, and who is, or is believed by the medical practitioner to be suffering from any disease specified in the 43[Third Schedule] the medical practitioner shall without delay send a report in writing to the office of the Chief Inspector stating :-
(3) Where the report under sub-section (2) is confirmed to the satisfaction of the Chief Inspector, by the certificate of the certifying surgeon or otherwise, that the person is suffering from a disease specified in the 43[Third Schedule], he shall pay to the medical practitioner such fee as may be prescribed, and the fee so paid shall be recoverable as an arrears of land revenue from the occupier of the factory in which the person contracted the disease.
(4) If any medical practitioner fails to comply with the provisions of sub-section (2), he shall be punishable with fine which may extend to 44[one thousand rupees].
45[(5) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, add to or alter the Third Schedule and any such addition or alteration shall have effect as if it had been made by this Act].
43. Subs. by Act 20