|.||THE FACTORIES ACT [Act No. 63 of 1948] As amended by the Factories (Amendment) Act, 1987]||.|
|.||CHAPTER VII, Employment of Young Persons||.|
69. Certificate of fitness
(1) A certifying surgeon shall, on the application of any young person or his parent or guardian accompanied by a document signed by the manager of a factory that such person will be employed therein if certified to be fit for work in a factory, or on the application of the manager of the factory, in which any young person wishes to work, examine such person and ascertain his fitness for work in a factory.
(2) The certifying surgeon, may grant to such a young person, in the prescribed form, or may renew :-
(3) A certificate of fitness granted or renewed under sub-section (2) :-
(4) A certifying surgeon shall revoke any certificate granted or renewed under sub-section (2) if in his opinion the holder of it is no longer fit to work in the capacity' stated therein an a factory.
(5) Where a certifying surgeon refuses to grant or renew a certificate or a certificate of the kind requested or revokes a certificate, he shall, if so requested by any person who could have applied for the certificate or the renewal thereof, state his reasons in writing for doing so.
(6) Where a certificate under this section with reference to any young person is granted or renewed subject to such conditions as are referred to in clause (b) of sub-section (3), the young person shall not be required or allowed to work in any factory except in accordance with those conditions.
(7) Any fee payable for a certificate under this section shall be paid by the occupier and shall not be recoverable fro the young person, his parents or guardian.